This is a simple and vivid picture of two egos swinging more and more strongly as they bump into each other. When war or revolution breaks out, many factors come into play, but the essence is the same.
- First, people are told that their lives are bad. Everyone quickly agrees with this – the first swing of the ego is accepted.
- Then an explanation is found that our people are prevented from living a better life by strangers.
- This causes resentment – the ego swings.
- Then follows a provocation from one side or the other, which causes a storm of indignation – the ego has gained strength, and war or revolution can begin.
- Each swing of the ego generates a response, further intensifying the swing.
- An avalanche-like transition takes place on the lifelines, where tensions escalate
- Conflict is in an active state