International Student Competition 2022
SIBE2022 – Sustainable Infrastructure and Built Environment
Final design submission: 28. February 2022
Winner awards: 3-9 March 2022
As part of SIBE 2022, we will organize a Student Competition to envision the future of a city of your choice for 2045. In this competition, Undergraduate students are expected to be able to identify the biggest problems in their city and try to solve it with a Multidisciplinary Engineering solution.
Theme: Imagining a Sustainable and Resilient ASEAN City in 2045: an Engineering Perspective
Aim: To provide innovative solution and design future ASEAN City from multi-disciplinary thinking
Stage 1: Essay competition
Stage 2 : Design competition
Winner: Best entries are awarded: certificate and prize
Sustainable Infrastructure Main Topics
The theme of the conference is “Challenges on Sustainable and Resilient Infrastructure and Built Environment”.
The topics of the conference cover all aspects of civil, ocean, and environmental engineering practices which include the following:
- Disaster and Resilient Infrastructures: natural disaster mitigation and management, smart and sustainable structures and infrastructures
- Earthquake Engineering: Geotechnical earthquake engineering, reclamation and ground improvement, geo techniques for transportation and Infrastructure, failure investigation and case studies, and foundation
- Sustainable Construction and Project Management: construction productivity – safety – and risk management, supply chain management, green construction, infrastructure financing, public-private partnership in infrastructure development, infrastructure asset management
- Maritime Infrastructure and Coastal Protection: port and harbor engineering, offshore engineering, subsea pipeline, floating structures, material and marine environment, sea defense technology, marine geotechnics, ocean energy, coastal process and modeling, tsunami and mitigation, coastal management, sea transport, and logistics, marine construction management, coastal protection, and environmental control.
- Transportation System and Engineering: transportation policy and development, transportation planning and modelling, transportation operation and maintenance, transportation economic and evaluation, transportation safety, road & pavement engineering, public transportation, freight transportation.
- Water Resources Engineering and Management: river and waterways, irrigation, groundwater, flood mitigation, urban drainage and sewerage, river basin, hydropower, lowland & estuary, land & water conservation
- Clean and Renewable Energy: new and renewable energy, clean energy
- Water-Food-Environment Nexus: Water quality, the relationships between water-related sectors, sustainable food production
- Climate Change and Air Pollution: climate change, gas emissions handling-treatment, urban air management, air quality
Health, Safety and Environment: water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), environmental health and safety, environmental & health risk assessment
- Solid Waste and Hazardous Waste: solid waste and hazardous waste management and technology
Water and Wastewater Treatment Process Engineering: water supply, industrial and domestic waste treatment-recycling, bioremediation engineering