The outset of the 20th century, the world has seen an essential increase in the number of vehicles used for daily transport. Nearly all families in bigger cities globally have at least one car today. The claim to make overal assets and also urban logistics more efficient opens the era of Smart Transportation.
To be smart, the transportation segment evolution must pass through a long story of improvements. The first place touches commercial electric engine vehicles: for instance electric cars and electric buses. But also the other transportation staff, specifically tus that use rail, road, water, or air to move.
It is important to realize the most discussing problems of the smart transportation industry relates to the environmental politics. Thus, the effect of the carbon emissions from these vehicles has reached abnormal levels. Vehicles produce carbon emissions into our environment while leaving us exposed to pollution and greenhouse gases. Thanks to the smart mobility idea and its smart transportation traffic control with a shift to electric cars can reduce the effect altogether.
The positives of Smart Mobility, like for example smart cars, taxi, or electric busses, much overshadow the negatives. Although, still, there are two sides to consider ecological aspects related to smart transport/mobility.
Traffic control of all types of vehicles and combines important installations of an electronic device in a vehicle. Also, on the other side is the Mission Control that collects traffic data and improves transportation effectivity. Moreover, based on these data control the quality of the traffic service.
The transportation segment contains thousands of electrical, mechanical, software, but also manual interaction components. In fact, these components process chain must be ideally synchronized. Such sync allows managing devices interactions while sending the global traffic data to a city mission control center for evaluation.
Smart Transportation Types
Smart Transportation Components
These components interaction is required to manage improvement of Smart Transportation industry:
- urban, people, passenger
- government, infrastructure, public, stations
- sprawl, cable
- airports, airway, aircraft, helicopter, aviation
- railway, railways, trains, train
- watercraft, boat
- human-powered, scooters, bicycles
- vehicle, taxi, electric bus, electric car, buses, trucks
- logistics, containerization, freight, shipping, planning
- ecology, pollution
- development, engineering, design, user experience, user interaction
Trending in Smart Traffic and Mobility
- Electric engine and its environmentally positives is an alternative to internal combustion engines.
- Smart range indicators that alert drivers about events around him and his vehicle.
- Positioning Systems (GPS, GLONASS) satellite navigation system that provides geographical position.
- User Interface (UI) research and experience how users interact with the computer, device, and software.
- Hybrid vehicles that integrate a small battery and an electric motor to improve the impact of vehicles on the environment.
- Power charging station integration to common infrastructure.
- Telematics integration to a computer, and mobile devices.
- Wearables and the Internet of Things allow getting the deepest insides about the Smart Cities’ behavior.
Smart transportation is one of the most discussed areas of smart cities. It is the closest segment to citizen’s comfort.